I know most of you might not need the recipe but you’d be surprised with the amount of people asking me how I make my avocado and egg toast.
As simple as it may look, some people find it hard to make it (hint hint: it’s all in the seasoning!).
I don’t know about you guys but this is one of those breakfast that I could have every day and I would not get tired of it, I absolutely love it.
The best part is that you can really mix it up here in there and make it seem like a completely different toast. BE CREATIVE!
First of all, I usually fry my egg. But if I’m in the mood for something different (aka if I want to feel fancy) I take the poaching route.
Here’s what you need for my BASIC avocado + egg toast:
- 1 slice of whole wheat toasted
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/2 a medium avocado (mashed)
- 1/2 a lime
- Garlic powder to taste
- Red chili flakes to taste
- Salt + pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
What to do:
- Toast your bread and set aside
- In a hot skillet, heat your oil and fry your egg until desired doneness
- Mash avocado and add lime, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Assemble: avocado mash on top of the toast, then your fried egg
- Sprinkle red chili flakes and salt and pepper if desired
This my usual go-to recipe. If I wanty egg poached it’s basically the same ingredients and steps except you’ll need:
- 1 tbs of rice vinegar (or any other mild flavored vinegar)
How to pacha an egg:
- Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer (There should be little bubbles coming up on the sides, you don’t want it on a rolling boil. It’s easier to control the temperature if you bring it up to boil and then reduce the heat rather than trying to get the simmering temperature from the start)
- Add vinegar to water
- Crack the egg and place it in a measuring cup for easier handling
- With a spoon make circular motions in the water to create a whirlpool
- Place the egg in the middle of the whirlpool and let it poach for four minutes. (This time frame makes the egg whites set and a gooey but still runny egg yolk; in my opinion the perfect consistency)
- With a slotted spoon take out the egg and place it on top of your already assembled avocado toast
- Season your egg with a little salt and pepper and red chili flakes
I will be posting another blog post with 3 different (easy + tasty) avocado toast recipes soon so stay tuned and don’t forget to subscribe!