Although I have been actively researching ways to a healthier lifestyle since 2014, I never really heard of medicinal mushrooms and all their amazing benefits.
About a year ago, I was browsing through Thrive Market, one of my favorite online stores to get healthy products, and the “Reishi Mushroom Elixir” from Foursigmatic caught my attention. I decided to add it to my shopping bag and try it out. What made me especially excited to try it, was the “yoga in a cup” feeling they claimed to deliver their elixir.
At this point, I never thought of researching or looking into mushrooms at all. I just started drinking it, mostly in the mornings, when the recommended usage is in the evening for a better quality sleep and stress-reducing benefits. I didn’t know this until recently, about 2.5 years after my first purchase, that I decided to take the “Mushroom Academy” course from Foursigmatic. I realized the infinite number of benefits and effects of all these different mushrooms I have never heard of. There is so much interesting info to be learned and I became obsessed with them ever since.
I decided to share the knowledge that I’m sure you’d appreciate and will be a stepping stone to your new journey exploring mushrooms and their benefits.
I will try to make this as brief and informative as possible, but since there is too much I want to talk about, I recommend you grab a cup of coffee, sit back, relax, and get ready for an interesting read. You’ll thank me later 🙂
- Mushrooms are not plants contrary to popular belief.
- Not ALL mushrooms are good, they can be dangerous, or make you hallucinate… which I’m sure you’ve heard of lol.
- There are 5-6 different kingdoms of FUNGI (It’s like saying vegetables and breaking it down into all the different kinds of veggies ex. root vegetables, stalks, leaves, etc.)
- Although there are 5-6 kingdoms the focus only applies to 2 (Animalia + Plantae)
- There are over 1.5 million varieties of fungi.
- Humans share 30-50% of its DNA with fungi
- 40% of medicine derives from fungi themselves such as penicillin.